Monday, April 21, 2008

Easy button please...no, for real though!

Question: Why can't an easy button, like the one in those staples commercials, really exist?! Not the kind that when you press it legal pads, pencils, and staplers come falling down out of the sky, but an easy button for life. When that guy of the hour says or does something utterly ridiculous and beyond stupid, pull out that handy dandy easy button, press it, and he'll rewind and say or do the smart and more logical thing. How about when there's work and personal issues pouring heavily out of your ass, and not enough time in the day for you to handle it all, press that handy dandy easy button and there are now days 30 hours long as opposed to 24. Or even when your cars been towed, and you have to pay over $1975 to get it back in your custody (yes this happened to me last week), oh, but you've got your easy button, press it and thousands of dollars suddenly appear in your hands just in time. When your boss pulls you aside for the cabillionth time to remind you that casual Friday's doesn't really mean casual, just press that easy button to put his ass on mute. Oh, it would be so lovely....so relaxing...so...easy. Today, I sat in my car, as the rain poured down over my dashboard, and a slow jam by Mariah was coming through my speakers (dramatic, I know) thinking about all the things I had to do and not enough time to do them in, thinking about that guy who disappeared so abruptly with no warning and it still hurts my feelings to this day, thinking about my future and how everything is so uncertain, nothing is even close to being final, and then I just let the tears come streaming down. These last couple weeks have been rough ones for me in all facets of my life, and everyday I wonder why everything has been so hard lately. From work, to school, to love...it's all been a roller coaster ride. Not the kind of roller coaster ride, that when you get off you want to go back on again and again, but the kind you throw up on, turn pale, and pass out afterwards. Yeah, I've been on that one for about three months now. Searching for answers to why it's been like this, and trying to figure out if perhaps I had some bad karma stored up somewhere that was now being put to use. Nevertheless, after my dramatic tearful moment, I got to thinking less pessimistically...crying in my car, in the rain, in the dark, is only going to make things seem even more depressing. I just gotta keep pushing...through the heartaches, through the headaches, and through the mistakes. I'm nearing the end of one journey, and getting ready to start a new one.
Bottom line: If things were easy gas wouldn't be a million dollars a gallon, and Bush wouldn't exist. If love was easy we'd all be in it. If life was easy than there would be nothing to look forward to. With that said, grab your barf bag, take some Advil, put your hands up and enjoy the roller coaster because you only get to ride it once.

~I'm not bitter...just a little damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment