Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Diet TIME!

Question of the day: Diets...good idea or bad idea?

Now, I'm not talking about diets that involve staying away from salty potato chips, or substituting that cosmopolitan drink for a glass of water. I'm talking about the MAN diet. Webster's dictionary defines a diet as a particular selection of food, esp. as designed or prescribed to improve a person's physical condition or to prevent or treat a disease...well, I have decided to take that same definition and make it applicable towards dealing with my emotional health, and more specifically in relation to how I love and date. We diet to keep our heart strong, lungs clear, blood flowing, brain energized, and weight healthy...But why is dieting to keep our emotions, aura, and overall attitude in good standing so taboo? It is a pretty known fact that if you're sad, in a toxic relationship, or just reeling from a break-up that it doesn't matter how many carbs you cut out...if tears continuously fall from your eyes, and your motivation and determination is at an all time low...you are definitely still in the unhealthy zone. You might be wondering what I mean by a Man Diet...well, first let me say that this is a diet NOT a fast. I'm not saying retreat to your apartment, turn off your phones, put the greatest depressing love jams on repeat and cease all contact with the male species. I'm saying cut the fat, intensely limit the tasty yet toxic men in your life, exercise optimism, and entertain more positive influences. For me, there are men still in my life that fall in that tasty yet toxic category...doing nothing but keeping me emotionally unhealthy. So, THEY MUST GO. There are emotions and negative feelings I am still holding on to in regard to my recent break-up, and some other disasters that occurred before then...THOSE MUST GO TOO. Now, as you "trim the fat"...you replace what you release with a healthier alternative. Replace toxic men and relationships with positive and beneficial ones...replace those negative emotions with more optimistic and hopeful emotions. But remember, before you can begin this diet you must be mentally prepared to commit yourself to bettering your emotional health. I mean we all love Krispie Kream donuts and McDonald's Big Macs...but face it, that stuff will kill you...especially in excess! And for me, i'm more than tired of being sad, depressed, upset, negative, and hopeless...and before I can move on and begin a new relationship I must let go of all that extra baggage. The Man Diet is the perfect place to start...the perfect thing to help me strengthen my soul and my heart. Once again, I must reiterate that this is NOT A FAST...this is a diet to help you see clearer what and who is best for you. Instead of just dating to date, to not feel lonely or sorry for yourself...you date more selectively, more smart, and with your best interest for the future in mind. Now, I know a few posts ago I talked about building a dream love team, being a coach, and having different guys on your roster. Well, no one wants an unqualified, disillusioned, and just plane hot mess for a coach...that is a position you can only take on when you're in your best emotional health. If you're not, it's just some blind, deaf, homeless person trying to coach an all star team. With all of that said, my diet has started, and I plan to be on it for a couple of months...with one focus in mind: getting myself emotionally back to great health!

Bottom line: A lot of things are easier said than done, but this is YOUR life and isn't that reason enough to try all you can to maintain a sense of contentment and good health emotionally and physically? Do what you gotta do to repair and uplift yourself!

Love: on a diet.

2 comments:

  1. Once again I've enjoyed you post. I think you are very good at linking different topics to your love life. One piece of advice though, if you go cold turkey, you could end up cheating on your diet. So take it a day at a time and know that in the beginning you might have a few slip ups. But that's okay because it happens to everyone. Just keep your eye on the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UUUmmm desire this is Toksy from Howard...this my first time reading your blog and its pretty interesting...I dont like the way you talk about us dudes like we are robots or machines that you buy from the store...we have feelings and make mistakes just like females...on top of that females say they want one thing but give all of thier attention to the guys doing the opposite so what do you expect us to do????

    ReplyDelete