Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Deal Breakers...friend or foe?

Question of the day: As you get older, do some of those love deal breakers you have just slowly have to become deals?

We all have those things...those little pet peeves...those personal vexations...those deal breakers that make it impossible to date a particular someone. Whether it's as serious as a persons inability to commit, or as petty as the way they chew their food...we are all guilty of pulling the plug on a possible future with someone because of something that just irked your nerves. BUT, as we get older, and that stupid ol time clock continues to tick forward, is it smarter to let some things slide considering the fact your options start dwindle? BUT, would that be the equivalent of settling? And if so, is "settling" really THAT bad? These are questions I have been asking myself lately. I met this guy, who, well, struck my fancy a bit (not too many guys do that on the first impression). Funny, handsome, and EMPLOYED...so I know you're thinking "what's the problem gurl?" Well, he has a five year old son...which means he has a baby momma...which no matter how you slice it, means there is a permanent stream of drama in his life. When I found this out, I just screamed out horrifically "WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY?" Usually kids and baby momma's are, yes, a DEAL BREAKER for me. I once met a guy at a lounge and we were having a great conversation, he was very very good looking, and then he subtly throws in the fact he has two children...I said, "nice talking to you, see ya." and walked away. I mean, the whole idea of dating someone with extra someones is too overwhelming for me, and let's just face it, I'm not really a kid person and in no way prepared to play mommy. Still, if a really nice guy comes along, but already has his own little family, should he just be written off? Should his offspring be his love punishment? I mean, we all have baggage, right? And I don't want it to seem like I'm some kid hater, because I'm not...I just feel kids add one more hurdle/obstacle to the equation. I know me, and this really IS just one of my deal breakers...at this time. Heck, I'm still young, and kidless...I don't want to have to think about re-thinking and settling when it comes to my personal vexations, at least not yet. Plus, I am still on my Man Diet, and am only willing to partake in surface dating anyway...so, I guess these questions don't have to be answered right now. Yet, I still have some moves to make...date or no date??

Bottom line: Think long and hard about those things...those little pet peeves...those personal vexations...those deal breakers, and make sure they are JUST what they are, and not limitations and barriers keeping you from romantic happiness, in disguise.

Love: on an offensive run.

No comments:

Post a Comment