Sunday, October 11, 2009

I could've had a V8

Question: do women ever fake that big Ocean Wave?

YES! I would say more than half the time! A couple of weeks ago I got into this slightly heated convo with one of my best guy friends...let's call him the "soldier." He went on this rant about how if a woman doesn't reach that pot of gold at the end of the love making rainbow, it's totally her own fault (so selfish and ridiculous by the way!). He also went on to say that no girl has ever faked with him and blah blah blah. Of course I got suckered punched into his outlandish assumptions, and wittingly took to my soap box. My tone was loud, arms were flailing around, and I even stood up to get my point across. And then I stopped to think...you know he's right. It is OUR fault! I say this because us women are doing our men a disservice by allowing them to think they are hitting the target, when in all actuality they couldn't find the target if it was a centimeter from their face. The soldier then asked me, why would a woman even fake it in the first place? And I said, shaking my head, oh little grass hopper...as a woman I can say that it's just not realistic, for whatever unfair reason, for a gal to reach that pot of gold every time. Sometimes we're just distracted, not really feeling it...or a lot of the time it's just NOT GONNA HAPPEN. It is what it is. If you're with someone you love (hopefully you are) and care about deeply, it's an OK fact, and you'll do what you can to make sure somebody makes it to the mountain top. You don't want this person, who is, for lack of a better word, inside of you, to feel like a failure or like he's not doing his job...so the fake is an ego stroke...an ego boost...a selfless act of dedication for your man. You know the intimacy is what carries a lot of the weight in the heart of a woman anyway. But if you're not with someone you love, well, uh, that will probably just be his last show at the theater. Anywhoozle, I think it's time for ladies to start being a little more honest. Yes, the conversation can be awkward, and uncomfortable, but we can't continue to let our men walk around thinking they're the MAN, thinking they're doing all the right things, pleasing you every time, when it's just NOT the case. I mean, I have a friend who's NEVER EVER had one EVER (it's a tragic case I know). Now, there are some of my female counterparts who boast about ALWAYS being able to finish the race successfully (I don't believe any of you lol), and if that's the case, they've been blessed. But for the majority of us, naaaaaaawwww.

Bottom line: Only 29-percent of women say they always reach a climax during sex.
(
Http://www.livescience.com/health/090409-top10-sex-statistics-1.html)
I'm not trying to be loomy gloomy, I love you fellas, I just want to give you some perspective, straight, no chaser. I can't let guys, like my friend, the soldier, continue to be ignorant about this issue.


Love: in recovery.

2 comments:

  1. Lol I love this post! I think there a plenty of reasons that women fail to climax. The biggest to me is that we allow talking about sex to be uncomfortable. If we as men stop assuming and you as women stop assuming then we can all end at a climactic bliss. I do agree with you when you say that sometimes you get distracted, which has nothing to do with us (or does it? *raised eyebrow* lol) but if you can effectively communicate what you like, how you feel, and what feels good to you, then there should be no problem why you can't catch the BIG O. Basically we need to stop doing the "grown up" if we aren't gonna actually be grown up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does a V8 do the trick? Just asking...

    ReplyDelete