Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bwhhhaaaat?

Question....when is the right time and place to tell someone you think that you're falling in love with them? Over a candle lit dinner maybe...during a beautiful sunset...after a great night of love making...in a crowded movie theater right in the middle of the movie? Bwhhhhaaat? Probably not the last one right. Well, tell that to the guy of the hour. While watching the movie 21 last night, in a packed movie theater, sitting right in the middle of all the popcorn and candy, he sighed and whispered, "I think I'm falling in love with you." Completely caught off guard because I was watching the movie, and so in to what was happening, I didn't know what to say but, "what???!?" Thinking, maybe he's just playing around, and that he can't possibly be serious, I smiled nervously waiting for him to smile and say "Just Kidding." Oh, but that did not happen. In fact I was met with the serious face, and the aren't you going to say something raise of the eyebrow. So what is a girl to do? For the first 15 seconds I just stared at him blankly, and then the rational and realist side of me began to ponder. This movie marked the third time that we had hung out...EVER, and now he was falling in love? Hmmm, he obviously didn't think this one out too well. On top of that, why was it so easy for him to just trip and start falling in love with me, when the guy before him found the very thought impossible? Sigh. I decided to simply pat his leg, and say that this was not the time to talk about something like that, but now, throughout the remainder of the movie, that was all I could think about. He didn't make it any easier with the face he had plastered on (the "oops" face) after I suggested we wait to talk about "love" later. It also didn't help that I had already planned earlier to let him know, AFTER THE MOVIE, that I was in no place in my life to be in a serious relationship. So, I was definitely caught in an awkward position. I really like him, but I am recovering from the "good ol' fake and bake," and trying to make my peace with it all. Falling in love, again, is the farthest thing from my mind and my heart. I just don't understand why he would think that saying what he said when he said it would result in something positive and progressive? Like I said before, he obviously didn't think this one out too well. Bottom line: So, you "think" you're falling in love with someone, and you've only hung out with them two or three times...well more power to you and how you feel. However, wait a while, a long while, before you verbally express those feelings, and don't do it in a place where you are forced only to whisper. Think things through before you give your mouth the OK.

~I'm not bitter...just a little damaged

No comments:

Post a Comment