Friday, May 16, 2008

I want it ALL!

Question: Why CAN'T I have my cake and eat it too? I mean really. I was successful in college, and I'm on the highway speeding when it comes to my career...now why can't the romantic side of my life fall in to place like everything else? When I am "dating" someone, everyone and they mama, cousin, and second cousin, want to suddenly appear...calling me cause now they want to know how I am. Or, I'll be "dating" someone, and then meet someone who is just as great or even better. HOWEVER, when there are no dates, no prospects, and no future prospects in the starting line-up everyone else seems to disappear from the team. It's like when I'm attached a scent is sent out across the male radar, but when I'm not, I fall of the radar completely. It's always pouring cats and dogs when it rains, and when there's a drought there's no water in sight for miles on end...just illusions, delusions, confusions, and any other "ions" you can think of. It just isn't fair, but I suppose a couple blogs ago there was a clear consensus that life wasn't fair. Still, It seems as though it's always one or the other. Career, or Love...PC or Mac...Caesar or Garden....Mint or Bubbleliscous....Grilled or Crispy...There's a lot of "either or's" in life, although many of us do find our ways around it...like having your paper bags inside your plastic bags. I digress, so when it comes to matters of the heart, is there just not enough room for both an outstanding career and an outstanding relationship? I know for some of my friends who are athletes, trying to be the best you can at what you do takes all your energy, and there's just not anything left to give to a significant other....or entertainers for instance, many of them don't stay together because of the strain of hectic schedules and such. I am no athlete or famous person (yet), but I do know that a great career can be very rewarding, but at the end of the day...if there is no one at home for you to share your success with...how much is that reward worth in the end?
Bottom line: Money depletes...medals, awards, and accolades gather dust, but it's sharing all that you have won, all that you've been rewarded, and all the great things you have experienced with someone else that is the cherry on top of the icing of your chocolate cake...that you CAN eat!

~Work for it all...Have it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment